Friday, November 30, 2007

Picture a Guide Book...

Scoops: Here’s to Sheri and all the Summer Scoopers! This picture was taken in Hyderbad where apparently the ice cream and sweet shop has a franchise!

The Taj Mahal – not a mosque, like I came in thinking. This fantastic place is actually a tomb built by a Mughal king for his wife. Get this lady: pregnant 17 times, bore 14 children!


My sari, a traditional Indian dress for the ladies, apparently wasn’t wrapped around me right. So on the steps of the Taj, a super energetic woman stopped me and offered to fix my threads. It’s a labor of love to get that thing to stay on – but she was able to fix me up right in no time! Who can say they got dressed at one of the 7 Wonders of the World?!

Jessica, my stellar roommate and sari sister, and me at the Taj Mahal.


Inscribed around the entrances of the Taj is the Koran, the Holy Scriptures of Islam. Look at that text – Arabic is really beautiful!

More to come! So how about those 6-8 inches of snow?!

No comments: